Organic Apple Chips
A fruity alternative to potato crisps, these apple chips are a great snack for when you are after something light to nibble on.
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with non-stick parchment paper.
- Slice your apples as thinly as you can, either using a mandolin or simply with a sharp knife. Cut each slice about 2mm thick if you can, leaving the skin on. Remove any pips as you go. Lay the apple slices onto your lined baking sheets, making sure they are not touching.
- Heat the honey and cinnamon in a small sauce pan and when melted add more liquid.
- Brush each apple with a little of the honey and cinnamon mixture and place the trays into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the trays from the oven, turn over each slice and brush them again with the remaining honey. Place back into the oven for the remaining 15 minutes. You may want to swap the trays over to ensure even cooking.
- Once the apple crisps are slightly golden and firm to the touch, remove them from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, they can be stored in an airtight container, ready for snacking.
- 4 organic apples, thinly sliced about 2mm thick
- 4 tbsp good quality runny honey
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon