Pumpkin Cheesy Ravioli Bake with Sage
Pumpkin is a rich and sweet vegetable which adds warmth and colour to a meal. It is a great source of Vitamin A, supporting healthy vision and growth. This recipe is both warming and comforting.
- Prepare your pumpkin or butternut squash and coat in the honey and the rape seed oil.
- Add the sage leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt your cream cheese in a sauce pan, add the mozzarella, half of the parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Pour your uncooked fresh ravioli into a large baking dish and pour over the cream cheese sauce. Mix well.
- Lay the sliced pumpkin on top so it will brown and caramelise in places, then scatter over your remaining parmesan cheese.
- Place into your preheated oven for 35 minutes until the pumpkin is caramelised and tender and the cheese sauce is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with a big baby leaf spinach salad for extra iron.
- 400g Pumpkin or butternut squash, deseeded and cut into thin slices or thin wedges. Leave the skin on.
- 1 Tablespoon of good quality honey
- 2 Tablespoons of rape seed oil
- 6 - 8 Sage leaves
- 500g Of fresh ravioli (I would use a spinach and ricotta filling)
- 200g Of cream cheese
- 125g Of mozzarella cheese
- 50g Of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of dijon mustard