Sun Dried Tomato Risotto
A simple and tasty recipe, great hot or cold! An easy dish to adapt to whatever vegetables you have on the day, you can replace the tomatoes with roast butternut squash or add wine to the stock. This truly is an invitation to play with your food and find your own flavour combos that you love.
- Cook the rice on it's own for about 25 mins, this should be 10 mins shy of the recommendation on the packet. Whilst the rice is cooking, boil the kettle and get your stock ready.
- Chop up the sun dried tomatoes and set aside for later.
- Once the rice is part cooked, drain it and put it back in the pan.
- Now begin to add the stock, adding little by little and letting it reduce until the rice is cooked through. You will need to keep stirring the rice to make sure it doesn't stick and burn at the bottom of the pan.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes to the stock to infuse the flavour. By adding them at the beginning you also rehydrate the tomatoes a little which stops them being so tough and chewy. Season with a good amount of black pepper.
- After about 10/15 minutes, add a good handful of spinach and stir through.
- As a final flourish, you may want to add some chopped hard goats cheese on the top to really complement to dish.
- No extra salt should be needed as there is a lot of salty elements already involved.
- Serve on its own or with a rocket salad. Delicious!
- 200g brown rice
- 4-5 sun dried tomatoes
- A good handful of spinach
- 500 mls boullion/stock
- Goats cheese (optional)