Healthy Cranberry sauce
Much of the cranberry sauce sold in supermarkets is laden with added sugar and preservatives. This recipe uses natural fruit sugars and honey instead which helps reduce the after-meal blood sugar surge.
- Bring the orange juice, ginger, orange zest and cinnamon to the boil on a high heat in a medium sized saucepan.
- Rinse the cranberries and add once the liquid is boiling.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the pineapple and honey.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- 225ml fresh (not from concentrate) orange juice
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 350g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 75g finely chopped pineapple
- 175g honey