Root vegetable and rosemary chicken tray bake
A root veg tray bake is an easy meal the whole family can enjoy. Root vegetables are great because they fill you up and are high in fibre, supporting a healthy digestive system. Root vegetables are also full of beta-carotene, supporting a strong immune system. There is some truth in the old tale that carrots help you see in the dark as beta-carotene can support healthy vision.
Creating a root veg tray bake at home in less than 1 hour is easy with our recipe (if vegetarian omit the chicken). Simply:
- Preheat oven to fan 190C
- Place your chopped vegetables into your tray along with the rosemary, honey, oil, salt and pepper.
- Toss the veg around so they become coated in all the oil and honey.
- Rub your chicken with salt and pepper and a little more oil and place into the tray, in and amongst the vegetables.
- Place the whole tray into your preheated oven for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked.
- 4 large free range chicken breasts skin on, or one large chicken cut into 8 pieces.
- ½ butternut squash, unpeeled and cut into large rough pieces, remove the seeds
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut into pieces
- 8 baby new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into large rough pieces
- 4 spring’s rosemary, chopped, you can also use thyme
- 3 tbsp rape seed oil
- 2 tbsp runny good quality honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil