Chicken Fillets with a Cannellini Bean Puree
Cannellini beans are high in folate and iron. They also contain butyrate which plays an important role in gut health and decreasing gut inflammation. Like all beans, they are high in protein and served alongside chicken, this is a protein packed meal.
- Poach the chicken fillets in the chicken stock for approximately 20 minutes (depending on their size).
- Pulse the cannellini beans, garlic and lemon juice together in a food processor and slowly add the chicken stock until you have desired consistency like a smooth hummus.
- Season and pour over the cooked chicken fillet and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Delicious served with sautéed leeks and roasted vine cherry tomatoes.
- 2 chicken fillets
- 300ml fresh organic chicken stock
- 200g organic cannellini beans, soaked and cooked as per instructions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Handful freshly chopped parsley