Celeriac Coleslaw with Prunes
Celeriac is a root vegetable with a delicious nutty flavour. It's tasty in many ways: mashed, roasted, sautéd and grated into a salad. Using celeriac in this coleslaw adds a depth of flavour which is tasty alongside the citrus of the lemon and sweetness of the apple and prunes. It's also a very good source of Vitamin C, K, phosphorus and potassium.
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Make the dressing and drizzle it over the top before serving.
- Small bulb celeriac, grated
- 3 carrots (preferably organic), grated
- 1 apple, grated and tossed in
- Approx 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. in total of mix of herbs – coriander, parsley and basil, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp. in total of a mix of seeds such as pumpkin, poppy, sunflower
- Handful of dried prunes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 orange