Bettina's Beetroot Overnight Oats
Bettina Campolucci Bordi, friend of Wild Nutrition, plant based chef and founder of Bettina's Kitchen shares her Beetroot Overnight Oats with seasonal toppings recipe
I have created this lovely seasonal overnight oats as a homage to female health (hormones and all). It is nice that we are talking about it more as 9 years ago when I was first diagnosed there wasn't much information out there. Here is to pink breakfast bowls with twinkly toppings.
Beetroot Overnight Oats with seasonal toppings
This is a great and easy breakfast that can be batch and premade. You can choose different toppings such as nut butter, plant yogurt or granola. I make variations of this especially when craving something different to traditional porridge and its a great takeaway breakfast in a jar.
- Wash and peel the beetroot and grate.
- Then mix all the ingredients together and let sit overnight or for a couple of hours.
- Dollop into a bowl and top off with fresh fruit, nut butter or granola.
Easy, delicious and satisfying. Hope you love this as much as I do!
- 3/4 Cup Dry, Rolled Oats (Use gluten-free oats if necessary)
- 2/3 Cup Plant Milk (Hemp or oat milk works best, but any will do!)
- 1/4th of a cup grated beetroot
- 1 torn medjool date
- 1 tsp cinnamon Powder
- Poms & figs for topping and a dollop of plant yogurt