Gooseberry and Almond Compote
Gooseberry compote is a delicious treat for everyone to enjoy. What makes this compote so special is the sharp, fragrant flavour of the gooseberries when stewed with some sweetness. British gooseberries are best in June, and may last until early August, depending on the sunshine! They are also a good source of vitamins C and A. Add this compote to natural yoghurt or granola for a tasty breakfast.
- Put the gooseberries into a saucepan with a tablespoon of water and the honey.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring
occasionally,until the berries have become soft and stewed in appearance.
- Add more water as it cooks if necessary.
- Add the ground almonds, mix together and serve.
- 100g gooseberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds