Wholesome Pulse Salad & Fresh Mint Dressing
This is a healthy lunchtime salad, full of protein and rich in nutrients, such as folate. manganese, iron, copper, magnesium and molybdenum. You may like to be creative and add in some extras, I like tomatoes as they go beautifully with Feta, or sliced apple for a bit of sweetness.
- If soaking and cooking your pulses is impractical for you, use organic tinned versions instead and rinse through.
- For the dressing, pulse together the mint, oil, garlic and seasoning in a food processor. You can also add a tablespoon of live yoghurt if you fancy it.
- For the salad, mix together the beans, quinoa and chickpeas in a serving bowl and stir in the mint dressing. Sprinkle the feta liberally over the top.
- 25g mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g red kidney beans, soaked overnight and cooked in plenty of boiling water
- 100g black eye beans, soaked and cooked
- 100g organic chickpeas, soaked and cooked
- 100g quinoa, simmered in 600ml water for 15 minutes
- 50g organic feta cheese, crumbled (optional)