Roasted Tomatoes on Millet with Avocado and Feta Cheese
Millet is a gluten-free grain providing a great alternative to grains like couscous and bulgur wheat. It's packed with B vitamins and essential fatty acids. Team this with the roasted tomatoes for a healthy dose of lycopene, avocados for protein, and feta cheese for calcium. This is a well rounded and delicious meal that can be served any time of day.
- Pre-heat the oven to fan 220C/425F/Gas Mk 7.
- Place the tomatoes into a small baking dish. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil and place in the oven.
- Toast the millet bread.
- Mash half an avocado with the back of a fork an season with a small amount of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add feta cheese and half the lemon juice.
- Add the avocado and feta mixture to the toasted millet bread.
- Grate over lemon zest and sprinkle the seeds on top.
- Add the roasted tomatoes and drizzle with the avocado or hemp oil and the remaining lemon juice.
- 5 baby plum tomatoes (on the vine are best)
- Olive oil
- 1 slice of millet bread
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp chopped feta cheese
- Zest and juice of half lemon
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp avocado or hemp seed oil
- Sea salt and black pepper