Gluten Free Lemon Cake
This truly zingy and moreish gluten-free lemon cake is a family favourite. Enjoy it warm or freeze it for another day.
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Pre heat the oven to 180C.
- Beat together the butter (or dairy free alternative) and brown caster sugar.
- Add the grated lemon zest of 2 lemons and 1/2 lemon juice. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each thoroughly until combined before adding the next.
- Sieve in your gluten free flour and fold it in.
- Fold in your ground almonds.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g butter, or dairy free alternative
- 2 medium lemons
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g gluten free self raising flour
- 75g of ground almonds
- 1tsp of baking soda