Ginger and Currant Christmas Biscuits
These biscuits make a fantastic hearty treat in winter, providing a warm addition to all meals.
- Mix all the ingredients in an electric food or cake mixer (not a blender) and use your hands to work into a dough.
- Make sure you have a good worktop space, so that you can lightly dust this with flour (or gluten free flour) - this is so the dough does not stick to the surface. Then dust the rolling pin.
- You can also add a sheet of grease proof paper, to cover the dough as you roll it out as this also helps with sticking.
- Once the dough is evenly rolled out, then you can cut out Christmas shapes in any size you like. Hearts also look good.
- Place on a greased flat oven tray or on baking parchment paper, and cook for around 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 150-160 degrees C. Ovens vary so they may need less time. Don’t let them over-brown so do keep an eye on them.
- 50g butter (or 50g of vegan spread)
- 200g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 2 tbsp currants
- 2-3 tbsp ginger powder (or 2 tbsp for less spice)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt