- 65g olive oil or coconut butter
- 250g ground almonds
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Large handful of leafy greens (such as kale or spring greens, whatever is in season)
- 1 courgette
- 2 handfuls of freshly chopped herbs of your choice - whatever is lurking in the garden or the fridge. I tend to use parsley and basil
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons of milk or plant milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 175c. Grease a medium loaf tin.
Put the courgette, leafy greens and herbs into a food processor until finely chopped.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda. Add in the chopped greens and herbs as well as the eggs, milk, lemon juice, olive oil or coconut butter, apple cider vinegar and mix well. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes or use a skewer to pierce the middle of the loaf and it comes out clean. Turn it out of the tin onto a wire rack and leave to cool.