Almond Crusted Halibut with Broccoli
Halibut is a meaty, white fish which is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Halibut is also very high in the mineral selenium, which is needed for the proper functioning of some of the body’s detoxification enzymes that prevent DNA damage from free radicals and toxins. The almonds add the perfect crisp to this tender fish meat and are a brilliant gluten free solution to bread crumbs.
- Steam broccoli until slightly tender, but not too soft. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix herbs with ground almonds. Dip each halibut fillet into the almond mixture.
- Heat olive or coconut oil in a large skillet, over medium heat, and sauté halibut for about 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
- Transfer to serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add ½ cup of broth or stock to skillet and stir in broccoli to reheat. Add lemon juice and season to taste with salt, if needed, and pepper.
- Spoon broccoli with juices on top of halibut
fillet, garnish with sprinkleof basil and serve immediately.
- 200g small broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 30g finely ground almonds (use blender to grind or purchase “almond meal”)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon or basil (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 1lb halibut fillets
- 110ml chicken broth or fish stock
- Fresh or dried basil for garnish
- 75ml lemon juice