What is nutritional therapy?
Nutritional therapy is the maintenance and optimisation of health through good nutrition. It is the application of nutrition and health science to enable you to maximise your health potential through a healthy diet and lifestyle.
A nutritional therapy consultation with one of our therapists is an assessment of your health picture, considering your full health and lifestyle history, diet, and the areas of your health you would like to optimize or goals you wish to achieve. Our support at Wild Clinics is based on the principle that good health and vitality is more than just the absence of disease.
We develop a consultation programme that is completely unique to you. This means we approach you as an individual and consider your whole health picture rather than focusing simply on any condition you may present with. A diagnosis from a doctor, or other health complaint, may appear similar amongst individuals, but how you have got to that point and the support you need to receive in the future may be different.
What areas of your health do we look at?
- Optimizing healthy energy levels
- Supporting healthy weight
- Promoting emotional and psychological wellbeing
- Supporting healthy female hormonal systems and life stages, including PMS, thyroid disorders and menopause
We believe that our role as your therapist is to:
- Work with the healing power of nature, trusting your body's inherent powers of recovery
- Support your knowledge in the art of self-care and a deeper understanding of your body’s needs in order to achieve optimal health
- Support your understanding of food selection, preparation and eating as a healing art
- Use the most natural, least toxic or invasive therapies first
What happens before my first consultation?
A questionnaire and food diary will be sent to you to complete prior to your consultation. The health questions are purposefully detailed and the information provided will make a big difference to your consultation and the help your practitioner can give.
What happens during my first consultation?
The initial consultation will be one hour. During this time, the practitioner will examine your medical history and current symptoms, lifestyle, and dietary picture. You will also be asked about areas of focus you would like to work on and if you have any health goals. The process is therefore suitable for those who are looking for help with serious health issues as well as those who wish to improve an already good health foundation. The consultation discussion will allow you to leave with an understanding of your body’s nutritional status and an effective programme to support your route to optimizing health.
Practical, financial and personal considerations are valued and an achievable plan will be put in place with which you can feel both comfortable and confident.