Vegetable and Fresh Herb Salad
This salad will brighten up your day as you proudly unpack your delicious salad at work or on your own at home. Containing a variety of vegetables, herbs and fruit, it's a simple way to pack in nutrients to nourish you.
- Blanch or steam the asparagus, broad beans, purple sprouting and chill immediately.
- Add the cooked peas, sprouted seeds and herbs and mix well.
- Throw in the fruit just before eating to add some sweetness and colour.
- Dress with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice.
- 150g asparagus
- Handful of broad beans
- 150g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1 chicory bulb, leaves gently torn
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 50g garden peas
- Handful of sprouted seeds
- 2 tbsp of mixed seasonal herbs – parsley, mint, chives, basil
- A couple of raspberries and blueberries
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon