Vegan Garlic Ginger Soup
In other words, vegan Pho soup, full of flavour and easy on digestion. If you are looking for a light lunch idea consider cooking a Pho soup. It’s quick, delicious and very healthy.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil in a soup saucepan.
- Add the diced shallots by stirring often. Cook until the shallots turn transparent.
- Add chopped white part of the green onions, minced garlic, and ginger to the shallots and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes or until garlic and ginger is fragrant.
- Pour in the water and add the stock cubes and bring to a simmer. Add the soy sauce. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, uncooked noodles, and bok choy to the pot and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until noodles and bok choy are tender. Season to taste.
- 1 shallot or red onion
- 2 tbsp of grated ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cubes of low salt vegetable or chicken stock
- 2-3 tbsp of soya sauce
- 250g of chestnut mushrooms
- 2 bunches of bok choy
- 170g rice noodles
- 1.25L of water
- chilli flakes
- sesame seeds