A delicious and healthy lunchtime salad, perfect for a sunny day. Quinoa can be used as a nutritious alternative to rice, pasta or cous cous etc. It contains a complete range of amino acids, making it an excellent source of high quality protein.
- In a strainer rinse the quinoa under running cold water and drain.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover until all the water is absorbed (approximately 10 mins).
- In a large bowl mix the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the quinoa and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 90g quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 225 ml water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 orange, peeled and coarsely
- 225g chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste