Nourishing Bircher Muesli
The oats in this muesli are packed with fibre as well as magnesium and B vitamins to provide sustainable energy throughout the day. The lime, apple and pear are a rich source of vitamin C to support the skin and immune system. Add chopped figs and almonds for an extra nourishing boost. Store in a glass container and keep in the fridge to dip into for breakfast or as a simple snack or pudding.
- Put the oats into a large mixing bowl and add the milk and apple juice.
- Stir and leave aside for 30 minutes to soften, or leave to soak overnight in the fridge to soften it up even more.
- When ready to be eaten, add the yoghurt, grated apple/pear, agave syrup, dried fruit, spices and lime juice.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with walnuts, pumpkin seeds and the fruit.
- 200g rolled oats
- 200ml organic milk or almond milk (Ecomil)
- 80ml apple juice (not from concentrate)
- 150g live natural yoghurt
- 1 large, in-season apple or a pear, roughly grated
- 70g agave syrup or local honey
- 60g raisins or chopped apricots, dates, figs
- ½ tsp of cinnamon, vanilla or both, depending on your taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 30g walnuts
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- Your choice of fresh, poached or roasted seasonal fruit – plums, peaches, apples, pears, rhubarb – and/or fresh or defrosted berries