Kale and Sweet Potato Soup
This recipe is part of our Food-Grown Fertility Programme's comprehensive dietary plan which was expertly formulated to support you and your partner during the all important preconception period. Kale, like all dark leafy greens, is rich in iron, folate and calcium. Sweet potato contains beta carotene. This all important team of nutrients will support your fertility, giving you the best chance of conception.
- Combine onion, garlic, pepper, sweet potato, broth and salt in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered for about 20 -25 min.
- When potatoes are fork-tender add coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook for about 5 minutes, until kale is softened.
- While soup is cooking, cook brown rice separately.
- When ready to serve, put 75g rice in each bowl and top with a generous serving of soup.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 400g kale, stems removed and chopped fine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 750ml vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 400ml coconut milk
- 270g cooked brown rice