Avocados are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats which support lowering cholesterol, blood sugar levels and reduce inflammation. Additionally, research has found this high fat content potentiates the absorption of carotenoids from other foods, which offer many outstanding health benefits. This guacamole is the perfect dip for your homemade turnip crisp's or veggie sticks.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add remaining ingredients, except the tomatoes, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a covered container and stir in the tomatoes. Chill and use immediately. If there is any leftover, to prevent darkening, coat top with a thin layer of oil.
- For a chunkier version, mash the avocado with a fork and finely chop the onions and garlic; mix in with remaining ingredients.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small clove garlic
- 15g chopped onions
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (use more if you like more ‘bite')
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 2 tomatoes, chopped finely