Greek Style Lemon Chicken Soup
Hearty, warming chicken soup for those colder days. Chicken soup is suitable for the whole family and very healing for the gut health too.
- Cook the chicken in 1.5L of water with the stock cubes until the chicken is ready.
- Take out the chicken and set aside.
- Add the rice into the broth and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Slowly pour one cup of the hot broth into the eggs whilst whisking and then slowly whisk the egg mixture into the soup.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium - high heat for 3-5 minutes, add the onions and cook until tender.
- Add cut up chicken, lemon juice and zest and cooked onions into the soup. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and serve with fresh parsley.
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1.5 L of chicken broth of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4-6 chicken thighs
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- small bunch of fresh parsley
- salt to taste