Gooseberry and Almond Compote
Gooseberries have a sharp, fragrant flavour that are delicious when stewed with some sweetness. British gooseberries are best in June, and may last until early August, depending on the sunshine! They are also a good source of vitamins C and A. Add this compote to natural yoghurt or granola for a tasty breakfast.
- Put the gooseberries into a saucepan with a tablespoon of water and the honey.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring
occasionally,until the berries have become soft and stewed in appearance.
- Add more water as it cooks if necessary.
- Add the ground almonds, mix together and serve.
- 100g gooseberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds