Dried Fruit Compote with Fruit Tea
Dried fruit is antioxidant and vitamin rich, and using dried fruit in a compote/cereal is a brilliant way to add natural sweetness. This compote also includes walnuts and almonds, which are excellent sources of Vitamin E. Adding nuts to a dish lessens the after-meal surge in blood sugar, protecting against the development of diabetes and heart disease.
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add tea bags and steep for 3-4 minutes then remove.
- Cut fruit into
bite sizedpieces and add carefully to the boiling water along with the cinnamon stick, lemon juice and honey. ,zest
- Cover and bring to the boil for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until fruit is soft.
- Remove from the heat and once cooled, remove the cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts or almonds and serve with yoghurt or porridge oats.
- 4 cups of water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 green tea bags
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp manuka/local honey
- 4 tbsp. chopped walnuts or almonds
- 600g of organic dried cranberries, cherries, apples, figs, apricots