Deeply Nourishing Spice Tea
This tea is a warming blend of asian flavours. Turmeric and ginger belong to the same plant family, Zingiberaceae. Both provide multiple health benefits. Turmeric contains hundreds of phytochemicals that have disease preventative properties. Turmeric displays anti-biotic, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and antioxidants effects - a classic example of food being medicine!
- Put all the ingredients in a teapot. If you are using honey, stir well to make a paste. Add 600 ml (1 pint) of boiling water and leave to steep for 5 minutes (or longer).
- Using a tea strainer, pour into a mug.
- Good-quality honey to taste (optional)
- 1 tbsp grated root ginger
- ½ lemongrass chopped
- fresh juice of 1 lemon or 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- ½ tsp of cayenne pepper