Dairy Free Blueberry Ice Cream
Once blended, cashew nuts transform into a creamy paste which is not dissimilar to ice cream - the perfect dairy free, nutritious alternative! Cashews are an excellent source of copper. As copper deficiency elevates blood cholesterol, blood pressure and disrupts healthy heart function it is important to receive plenty of the mineral in the diet.
- Whizz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze.
- If you don’t have an ice cream machine transfer the mixture to a shallow freezer-proof dish and place in the freezer until it just starts to harden around the edges.
- Whisk vigorously with a fork to break up the ice crystals and then refreeze until firm.
- 100g raw cashews
- 180g frozen blueberries
- 80ml water
- 2tsp agave syrup or honey