A nourishing stew of mineral-rich vegetables to encourage the elimination of toxins from the gut, kidneys and liver.
- Wrap the onion in tinfoil and bake in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes until starting to soften.
- Put all of the ingredients including the baked onion in a pan and cover with the water and honey.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Season with white pepper and sea salt.
- Either blend, adding some more water or fresh chicken stock and fresh thyme leaves, or enjoy the rustic nature of a hearty textured soup!
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds
- ½ a red chilli chopped finely
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- ½ small cauliflower (using only the florets)
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely diced
- 1 pint of water with a tablespoon of honey
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped thyme