680g turnips, well scrubbed
60ml olive oil or ghee
1/4 tsp. crushed rock salt
2 pinches smoked paprika
Squeeze of lime
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Using a mandolin, or by hand, slice the turnips into slim slices.
- Toss the slices in a mixing bowl with the olive oil and salt, and arrange on a baking tray in single layers.
- Bake for 12 minutes (keep checking!) until golden brown - usually between 7-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with paprika and a spritz of lime juice and toss gently to cover.
- As they cool they become crisper but are lovely soft and warm too. You can substitute the turnip for parsnip, beetroot or celeriac but keep checking when in the oven as timing can differ a little.